Vertex Standard VX-821 VHF
Intrinsically Safe Portable Package #1
with Storm Speaker Microphone IS/ATEX
Oil and Gas Drilling Industry Special!
Everything is Included! Not Just a radio, Nothing EXTRA to buy.
You Get: Radio, Battery, Charger, Antenna Speaker Microphone and Programming.
Intrinsically Safe Portable Radio Package #1
Compact Size With Robust Capabilities
- 512 Channels and 32 Groups (w/LCD) or 16 channels (VX-821)
- 5 Watts
- VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 400 – 470 MHz; 450 – 512 MHz
- 7 Programmable Keys (w/LCD) or 3 Programmable Keys (VX-821)
- 12-Character Alphanumeric Display (VX-829, VX-824)
- 700 mW Audio Output
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Withstands Harsh Environments
Rain, snow, fire suppression spray and dust are no problem for these radios manufactured to strict IP ratings. The VX-820 Series meets international waterproofing standard IP 57 where fresh water does not harm the radio when submersed to a depth of three feet for up to 30 minutes.
Intrinsically safe models are SGS certified to the requirements of ANSI/UL913 5th Edition for use in Class I, II, III, Division 1; Groups C, D, E, F, G; Temp T3C hazardous locations.
Long-Lasting Power for Responsiveness
For maximum performance, the VX-820 Series offers a choice of Li-Ion battery power up to 3000 mAh for over 20 hours of battery life (per specifications).
Tailored Communications to Meet Your Demands
Get the ultimate signaling performance with a choice of multiple 2-tone Encode and Decode or 5-tone siginaling to support the most advanced communication needs. The front panel also includes a 7-color LED with a variable flash pattern for custom incoming call alerts.
When Safety Counts - Never Be Alone
Includes Emergency notification that will switch to a designated channel and send an emergency alert for help.
Also includes Remote Listen which turns the radio transmit on remotely if needed to check out what is happening near the radio.
For enhanced user safety, the Lone Worker mode is a built-in timer that requires the user to reset at a predetermined interval. If not reset, the radio automatically switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
Exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™)
Always know your connection status. Only Vertex Standard radios are designed to inform you when you and another ARTS™-equipped radio are within communication range. If out of range, your radio senses no signal has been received and beeps to alert you. A great solution to keep your workers coordinated. For more information, download fact sheet.
• Wide Band Coverage
• Programmable Channel Selector
• Direct Channel Recall
• RX/TX Battery Power Save
• DTMF ANI
• BCLO, BTLO and TOT Functions
• Stun/Kill/Revive (5-Tone)
• Minimum Volume Control
• Scan options: Basic, Priority, Dual Watch, Follow-Me, Follow-Me Dual Watch, Talk Around
• Programmable Home Channel Function
• Radio-to-Radio Cloning
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
• Voice Inversion Encryption
• Rolling Code Encryption
• Voice Inversion Encryption and DTMF Paging
• Digital Voice Storage – up to 120 seconds
• MDC-1200® / GE-STAR® ANI Encode
• MDC-1200® / GE-STAR® ANI Encode/Decode
Storm Speaker Mic, volume control with 2.5mm earphone jack - IS/ATEX Approved
The highest performance level speaker microphone available on the market today, the
Storm speaker microphone is compatible with a variety of radio makes and models and
features a contoured design and multifunction buttons. also compatible with scBa devices,
it is ideal for first responders in immediately dangerous to life and health (iDLh) situations.
The STORM is great for the Oil and Gas Drilling Industry.
• Immersion rated, fully sealed per IP68 standard: tested to withstand submersion in 1 meter of water for 31 minutes
• Larger PTT with positive tactile feedback
• Samarium cobalt high output speaker for improved voice intelligibility
• Pushbutton volume control
• 2.5mm or 3.5mm earphone jack isolated from main housing for seal integrity
• Durable design and construction meets MIL-STD-810
• PTT switch life: 1 million cycles
• Clothing clip assembly: 360º rotation with positive detent stops every 45º
• Cable pull at either end: 40 lbs
• Flame resistant cable (select radio models)
• 24 month manufacturer’s warranty
• Operating temperature: -30° C to +60° C
• Storage temperature: -57° C to +60° C
• Exceeds MIL-STD-810F spec, 40 mph blowing rain with cable attached
• Immersion rated, fully sealed per IP68 standard
"Intrinsically Safe Radio Package #1"
- ISVX-821-D0-5 PKG-1 VHF Intrinsically Safe Radio with 3000 mAH Battery
- OTTO V2-S2VJ11111-S Intrinsically Safe Speaker Microphone
- Desk top rapid charger
- 6" Antenna
- 3 Year Manufacture Warranty on Radio
- 2 Year Manufacture Warranty on Microphone
- Free 16 Channels Programming