Optimized Mobile Communications
- 512 Channels and 32 Groups (VX-4600); 8 Channels (VX-4500)
- 50 Watts VHF / 45 Watts UHF (selectable)
- VHF: 134 – 174 MHz
- UHF: 400-470 MHz, 450 – 512 MHz
- 6 Programmable Keys
- 8-Character Alphanumeric Display (VX-4600)
- FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Expanded Signaling and Security
Both radios provide a full range of signaling capabilities including 2-tone, 5-tone and MDC 1200® encode/decode for selective calling.
Private communication is supported by built-in voice inversion encryption. And, if a radio is ever lost or stolen, 5-tone remote stun/kill/revive can be activated to ensure messages are only heard by those intended.
Enhanced Audio Performance
Features Channel Announcement which loudly speaks the current channel description to simplify changing channels when focused on other tasks simultaneously.
Includes voice activation (VOX) that enables users to transmit voice without pressing the Push to Talk button on the microphone. Enables hands-free operation for convenience.
In noisy environments, activate the Clear Voice function to enhance audio transmit to ensure your message is heard. And, to ensure a radio is not accidentally turned down too low, a minimum volume limit can be programmed by your Dealer.
Whisper capability is also included to augment audio transmit when talking quietly is necessary for discreet communications.
Record and store up to 120 seconds for keeping an audible record of important messages using the optional DVS-8 Voice Storage unit.
When Safety Counts
As with all Vertex Standard mobile radios, the VX-4500/4600 Series includes Emergency alert for enhanced driver safety.
Operators can activate the Lone Worker function when leaving equipment or a vehicle temporarily. If a problem arises while away, the radio switches to Emergency mode to alert help.
When constant contact is required at all times, Vertex Standard’s exclusive Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) is also included to inform the user that another ARTS™-equipped radios are within communication range.
Large Group Communications Made Easy to Manage
The VX-4600 has 512-channel capacity and 32 groups to easily manage a variety of calls at the most complex job site. For smaller operations, the VX-4500 features 8 channels.
FCC Narrowbanding Compliant
Meets the FCC Part 90 requirement for using 12.5 kHz channels by January 1, 2013.
• RSSI signal strength indicator (VX-4600)
• DTMF Paging
• DTMF ANI
• Speed dial (VX-4600)
• CTCSS / DCS Encode and Decode
• BCLO / BTLO and TOT Functions
• Direct channel entry (VX-4600)
• Minimum volume control
• Talk around
• Priority scan, Dual priority scan, Dual watch scan, Follow-me scan, Talk around scan, Talk back scan, Operator selectable scan, Group scan
• Manual squelch control
• D-sub 15 pin accessory connector
• Public address / horn alert
• Radio-to-radio cloning
• DVS-8: Digital voice storage
Vertex Standard VX-4500 Models
VX-4500-D0-50 PKG-1 MH-67A8J: 134-174 MHz 50 Watt 8 Channel
VX-4500-G7-45 PKG-1 MH-67A8J: 450-512 MHz 45 Watt 8 Channel
Vertex Standard VX-4600 Models
VX-4600-D0-50 PKG-1 MH-67A8J: 134-174 MHz 50 Watt 512 Channel
VX-4600-G7-45 PKG-1 MH-67A8J: 450-512 MHz 45 Watt 8 Channel
VERTEX STANDARD VX-4500 & VX-4600 RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES:
- MH-67A8J: Standard microphone
- MH-75A8J: Keypad microphone (16 keys)
- MD-12A8J: Desktop microphone
- MLS-100: External speaker, square, 12W
- MLS-200: External speaker, 12W (indoor/outdoor use)
- FP-1023A: External power supply
VX-4500/4600 Spec Sheet